Friday, February 15, 2008

Dream Jeopardy Categories!

Wow, it’s been awhile since any of us blogged. Maybe we’re all just so busy living our incredibly exciting lives we just don’t have time? That’s what I’m going with.

This week we discussed our “Seven Dream Jeopardy Categories”. As usual, we stole this from a Douglas Coupland book. Sometimes I wonder if he might have a right to some of the royalties from my life. Well, he wouldn’t get much, that’s for sure. Here, Mr. Coupland, your brilliance helped me earn enough to pay my mortgage this year by keeping me from going insane which allowed me to continue working. Also, think of all the money I’ve saved in therapy or anti-depressants since your wonderful books replaced them quite nicely. Good luck getting your portion of that. You might also get a nice achievement plaque from my husband for his gratitude of your giving me something else to focus on when I feel bitchy.

Anyhow, we stole another Coupland idea. Big surprise. Specifically, the idea came from Microserfs, in which the main character tells us the other characters’ dream Jeopardy categories every time he describes someone new. We decided to pick Jeopardy categories based on things we like or things we know a lot about – even if we don’t necessarily like them. Just for fun, I’ve decided to post ours here. For anyone who was present this Tuesday Night, here we go:


Cuthbert
*Airport City Codes
*Roman Mythology
*Lines from Musicals
*Beers that are Yummy
*South Park
*Bible Trivia
*Geography

Jason
*Quotes from Fight Club
*Beers that are Yummy
*Maritime Ship Terminology
*Marlin Spike Seamanship
*Celestial Navigation
*Motorcycle Travel
*Thus Spoke Maynard (Tool Lyrics/Music)

Velma
*The Rules of Basketball
*Super Secret Internet Crush Rules
*Speaking in Whale
*Quotes from Superstar
*The Famous Quotes of Jesus
*Grey’s Anatomy Characters
*Suspicious Bank Activity

Qu (D&D)
*Conspiracy Theories on LOST
*Lines from Musicals
*Quotes from Tommy Boy
*Fertility Awareness
*Music Theory
*Dark Tower Trivia
*Lip Balm Application Methods

Mia
*Lines from Musicals
*Furry Things I am Afraid of
*Hot Sexy Dance Moves
*Crazy Person Etiquette (How to act around crazy people)
*Singing Hymns to Drunk People
*Abominable Words
*Liquors That are Yummy

Jonathon
*Star Wars
*Lines from Musicals
*Chris Farley Movies
*Stargate
*Computer Terminology
*Modern Technology
*Celebrity Impressions: Impersonating the Christ


That was fun, wasn’t it? I’d love to add a few more to my list – maybe “Weight Watchers Meals for Under 10 Points” or “The Art of Writing”, but I’m afraid we only get 7 a piece. Now if we could just put together little Jeopardy games for each other with questions for our dream categories….. Hmmmm……

No comments: