Tuesday, January 1, 2008

i am resolved in 2008 to...

  • check books out from the library
  • read all the prophetic books of the bible (Joel, Amos, Hosea, Jonah, Isaiah, Micah, Nahum, Zephaniah, Jeremiah, Obadiah, Habakkuk and Lamentations)
  • identity modern day prophets and take in what they’re saying for this generation
  • do more to things to keep in contact with my far away friends
  • write more hand written letters
  • watch 4 sunrises
  • find some sort of artistic/creative expression for myself
  • take a trip to Texas
  • play bingo at a bingo hall
  • read more books that tell stories
  • take time to catch up with old friends/acquaintances when I see them in public places
  • speak with the Holy Spirit directly
  • have people over a least once every two months
  • learn how to use movie maker software
  • go on several camping/hiking get-a-ways
  • fight against my need for productivity
  • hide God’s word in my heart by learning and meditating in 40 verses
  • journal more: document what God’s doing, places I see Him, things He’s doing in me and people around me
  • play in a basketball league
  • get up to being able to run 4.5 miles easily
  • spend more time in coffeehouses
  • embrace my present state: (i.e. singleness, living alone, occupation) as opposed to always looking towards the future
  • not be so hard on myself: see myself more like the way the Lord sees me than the way I see me
  • listen to more music outside of my favorite genres
  • be more aware of the ethics and business practices of companies I support by purchasing products from them
  • study more psychology, sociology and counseling to help understand human interaction
  • extend Grace more often (giving people what they need; not what they deserve)
  • drink more water
  • look into further education
  • live on less (less clothing. less food. less money. fewer things.)
  • practice all of the disciplines outlined by Foster at least once this year (prayer, fasting, meditation, simplicity, solitude, submission, service, confession, worship, guidance, celebration)
  • embrace Celtic spirituality/Celtic prayers
  • stay in tune with the liturgical calendar year

1 comment:

Sara said...

Velma! I like those a lot...inspired me...about life I guess. Good for you, I look forward to hearing about each of these things throughout the year:)
Dori